Porter Packaging Limited and any of it subsidiary and affiliates from time to time (“Porter Packaging”, “we” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy applies to the collection of personal information when you engage with us, access our website or otherwise interact with us. We respect the privacy rights of users and recognise the importance of protecting information collected about you.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will collect, use and maintain your personal information. It also describes your choices regarding use, access and correction of your personal information.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We may change this policy from time to time. If we make any changes, we will notify you by revising the “Last Updated” date at the top of this policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our home page, a notification popping up, or sending you an email notification). We advise you review our policies whenever you access our website to stay informed about our information practices and to see any changes or updates.
Information we may handle, collect and process of yours may include:
- personal information such as names, email addresses, telephone numbers or
- postal addresses;
- demographic information such as gender, postcode or age;
- personal identifiers such as your IP address or our internal electronic identifiers, and non-identifiable information relating to your use of the services such as device-related information (i.e. browser type) and server log information (date and time of day of your visit and pages you accessed; and
- other information which we may ask from time to time or information that we may collect automatically when you visit or interact with the site or us.
Information we collect can come from
- you, when you provide personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), when you buy or use our services and products or otherwise interact with us;
- technologies that collect information automatically when you visit or interact with our website; and
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
When you visit our website, we may collect general user information such as users’ internet protocol addresses, browser type, internet service provider information and other technical information. Some of this information may include personal information. We may use this information to provide, operate, maintain and improve the website.
If you do not provide all personal information requested you may not be able to proceed with your business relationship with us.
Your personal information is processed by us with your written or oral consent. By continuing to use our website, you hereby authorise us to process your personal information. Consent can be withdrawn at any time by notifying us in writing. Consent can only be withdrawn going forward and does not affect consent given until that time. However, is consent is withdrawn we may not be able to proceed with your business relationship with us.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to reuse the setting of cookies. Please be aware that if you select to refuse or restrict cookies you may be unable to access certain parts of our website.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information collected to perform a variety of purposes, including
- to respond to your questions and requests and communicate with you where required;
- to process job applications;
- to provide access to certain areas and features of the site;
- to disclose information to other third parties such as our vendors and service providers, including auditors, regulatory authorities and other providers;
- to identify and deal with any conflicts that may arise;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to monitor and record calls and electronic communications;
- to provide, operate, maintain and improve the website;
- to facilitate or administer the services operated by us and any related administration on an on-going basis;
- to provide you with offers, alerts, newsletters, education materials or information that you requested or signed up;
- carrying out fee calculations;
- to monitor and record calls and electronic communications;
- for statistical analysis purposes and to improve the provision of services provided by us;
- to combine third party information, the information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive); and
- for any other purpose we may notify you about from time to time.
The personal information we collect may be stored or held in any format, at our office or premises or outside of our offices including data storage facilities provided by our server provider or online storage. Our servers are located in New Zealand and other such international jurisdictions as our service providers may use.
By accessing our website or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information between countries and territories globally, which may have different privacy laws from your country of residence.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work such as hosting and data storage providers;
- where you have chosen to use collaboration features that by their nature support sharing with third parties of your choice. Your name, email address, and other information you choose to share may be shared with such third parties, and such third parties may communicate with you (such as by emailing you); and
- we may disclose your information to a third party, if:
- it is required or authorised by you or an affiliated entity of yours;
- we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request (including in any foreign jurisdiction); or
- it is required or authorised by law.
- to enforce our agreements and policies; and
- to perform our obligations in accordance with our engagement.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
While no service is completely secure, we will endeavour to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pursuant to the Privacy Act 2020, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you, where it is stored, and if it is held in such a way that it can be readily retrieved. If the personal information we hold about you is not accurate or complete, then you may ask us to correct it.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by emailing us at Info@porterpackaging.com (mailto:Info@porterpackaging.com), but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
EU GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
You may also have rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation, to the following: erasure of personal information, restriction of processing information, restrictions of the transfer of information outside of New Zealand and data portability, the ability to object to processing and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority other than the New Zealand Privacy Commission.
If you believe you have rights under the GDPR, you must immediately notify us of the same. We reserve the right to delete all personal information we hold about you and cease all dealings we may have with you if you claim such rights. If you do not notify us of a claim to having rights under the GDPR and you continue to engage with us, contract with us, access our website, attend a Porter Packaging event or otherwise interact with us, you warrant and represent to us that you do not have any such rights under the GDPR and hereby indemnify us against any loss or damage (whether direct or indirect), penalty, fine or expense incurred by us as a result of a claim under or any alleged breach of the GDPR.